Frontline FAT. About dieting or the diet industry.
1) PreQuestion: Write down two facts that you know about dieting or the diet industry.
2) Describe some differences between Mexican and Pima Indians.
3) Explain what is meant by the idea of living in a food toxic environment.
4) How does advertising influence food intake? Give some examples.
5) Predict the impact of fast food in developing countries such as China. Why has obesity increased in this country?
6) Explain the genetic influence on obesity.
7) Identify the societal prejudices against people who are overweight (supersize people) and explain using examples how these prejudices manifest in American culture such as advertisements and films.
8) Explain how body image influences eating disorders. Tell about some of the deleterious effects of eating disorders (physical, social, psychological).
9) What are some of the possible health problems of morbid obesity?
10) How do medical researchers explain Dave’s weight and Steven’s weight considering they are triathlon and marathon athletes, respectively?
11) What is your weight goal? Is it healthy? Based on what you know, will your goal result in bingeing, obesity, or a balanced, healthy life? Explain.